We are pleased to announce the next generation of our very popular Raspberry Pi Panel PCs: The ComfilePi CPi-C070WR4C -- built around the latest Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4.
It has many of the same features as the CPi-A/B series -- RS-232, RS-485, I2C, SPI, and other GPIO -- but with several improvements:
- Going forward the Compute Module 4 is expected to have much better availability than that of the Compute Module 3
- At least twice the memory of the CPi-A/B at 2GB, with the possibility of 4GB and 8GB in the future.
- A faster 4-core SoC clocked at 1.5GHz with improved hardware acceleration.
- A larger heatsink than the CPi-A for improved thermal dissipation and reduced frequency scaling.
- The RS-485 port utilizes a full UART peripheral without the limitations of the miniuart like that of the CPi-A/B.
- 2 additional UARTS on the GPIO header socket, exposed as RS-232 ports if using the CP-IO13-4C.
We hope this new model will provide even more possibilities over our existing models while simultaneously taking pressure off the limited supply of the CPi-A and CPi-B models, and extending the product lines lifetime well into the end of this decade. For more information, please see our documentation and current list of products.
* Raspberry Pi is a Trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation